Shortly after sharing my experience searching for a niche in business images I got insipired to spend half day shooting some conceptual business related images.
Here are some statistics, gathered during my workflow, that you may find interesting:
- the prelimiary step of discovering about 10 interesting reference images to inspire me took about half an hour, but actually these have been collected over several months (however keep in mind I do try to keep myself as far as possible from “me too” shots and would suggest everybody does so :))
- shooting took about 3 hours and resulted in nearly 200 shots
- after 40 minutes spent for selection only 30 shots were shortlisted for further processing
- the next day I inspected the shorlisted shots in more detail and fully processed the 8 most promising shots (IMHO)
- keywording these 8 images took me one hour and a half
- uploading them to all 7 micro-stock agencies I currenly contribute to took about 2 hours
- approving the images took between 1 and 5 days in most of the agencies (and some of the other agencies still haven’t inspected all images)
- the approval rate of this set is currently between 75% and 100%, and the only case where two of images were rejected (the 75% approval rate) was bacause of potential trade mark problems for the used toy cars, a little bit paranoic maybe 😉 but still somehow understandable.
OK, without further ado, here are the eight images currenly available as part of my portfolio at Fotolia:
What do you (honestly :)) think about these?
And would you like to share your shooting statistics?
I’d be very happy to hear from you, so feel free (or acutally – invited) to comment below!